Toner is an important step in your skincare routine before applying makeup, since it refreshes the skin and shrinks pores. A toner also helps to remove any last traces of cleanser and trap moisture for a smoother complexion, acting as a base for better-looking makeup.
What can I use instead of moisturizer before applying makeup?
Similar to lotion, face oil is a considered another form of moisture for skin. Because of this, we recommend adding face oil before any foundation or makeup as part of your hydrated base. As we mentioned earlier, if your skin is extra dry you might think about adding a moisturizer after your face oil too.
Is primer necessary before makeup?
It isn't necessary to use a Primer before foundation, yet there are many benefits to adding this product into your makeup bag. It all depends on your skin-type, skin concerns and the skin-finish that you desire.
What type of moisturizer should I use before applying makeup?
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream absorbs quickly like a gel but has staying power for all-day hydration. It's one of the best moisturizers for dry skin under makeup. Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Cream deeply hydrates your skin and helps restore your natural skin barrier, making it ideal for dry and aging skin.
What can I use instead of primer?
4 Makeup Alternatives to a Primer
- Aloe Vera Gel + Moisturizer. The best way to hold onto your makeup without using a primer is to use a mixture of aloe vera gel and a moisturizer along.
- BB Cream.
- Milk Of Magnesia.
- Anti-Chafing Cream.
What should I use before applying makeup?
How to Prep Your Skin for Makeup Application
- Cleanse Your Skin. Prepping your skin makeup begins with your skin care routine, and all good skin care routines begin with cleansing.
- Exfoliate to Smooth Skin Texture.
- Apply Moisturizer.
- Exfoliate and Moisturize Your Lips.
- Smooth On a Primer That Suits Your Needs.